2021 Gap Cover Premiums
December 12, 2020
The following table gives the 2021 Gap Cover Premiums from Zestlife. But before you dive into gap cover, here are some important points to know:
What you need to know about Gap Cover
- Other names for gap cover are shortfall insurance or top-up cover.
- Gap insurance is now the most-purchased short-term insurance product in South Africa after car insurance.
- There are many brokers and insurers offering the product, but we recommend Zestlife.
- The purpose of gap cover is to ensure you don’t pay hefty co-payments when your medical savings account runs out, or when your medical aid refuses to pay the entire medical bill owing (which is just too often…)
- Only members of registered medical schemes in South Africa qualify for medical gap cover. Check here to see that your medical aid or hospital plan qualifies.
- If you have health insurance or a hospital plan from a short-term insurer (e.g. Clientele, Ubuntu, etc.) you DO NOT qualify for gap cover.
- Everyone on your medical aid plan is included in a single policy.
- There are no waiting periods to speak of, but a notable exception is pregnancy. So buy gap cover long before you plan to start a family
- Getting gap cover is simple, fast and convenient. Work online and on the phone to get your quotation and sign up for gap insurance.
- Gap cover is affordable. Expect to pay a monthly premium equivalent to roughly ten percent of your monthly medical scheme premium. So if you pay R5000 a month in medical aid premiums, then your gap cover should cost in the region of R500 per month.
- Zestlife is a leader in gap cover insurance so you can buy with confidence.
2021 Gap Cover Premiums from Zestlife
Complete and submit the form on this page to get your gap cover quote. Save money!
All info was correct at time of publishing