Universal Gap Cover Makes it Better
November 22, 2020
Imagine this: you have a serious accident and land in a hospital. You have no Zestlife Universal Gap Cover.
Specialists attend to you and there are lengthy operating procedures and a long hospital stay.
You recover 3 months later – time to pay the bills. No problem! You have a medical aid scheme that pays !00% of the bill. Right! So you have full cover, right? Wrong!
No problem, Universal Gap Cover makes it all right again!
ONLY Medical aid members can apply for one Zestlife medical gap cover quote by completing and sending the form on this page
So What do South African Medical Schemes Cover after all the Premiums I’ve Paid?
Health cover from any medical aid scheme pays 100% of the fees. But specialists fees are way more than the medical aids will pay. Specialists can charge as much as 400 percent of those rates. YOU have to find the other 300%.
That’s a good reason why you need a gap cover plan. Universal are prepared for those unpredictable moments life throws at us. Gap cover insurance from Universal offers us peace of mind.
Universal Cover You from All Sides
When there’s a payment shortfall, we’re covered. We won’t be left out of pocket due to unforeseen medical bills.
It’s happening more and more often: medical aid members are being left with massive bills as they face the problem of hospital and specialist expenditure that is a lot higher than what their medical scheme will pay for. At the end of the day, it’s up to you, the member, to cover the difference. And let’s face it, there’s never a good time for big bills.
What Universal Gap Cover Offers
Universal medical gap cover from Zestlife ensures that members and their dependents aren’t left with unaffordable bills after a hospital stay.
These costs are usually way in excess of what the medical aid will pay. Medical gap cover like Universal helps you cover the outstanding costs. This gap cover starts from as little as R274 per month per family.
Zestlife Gap Cover 2019 – Zestlife Universal option
- Overall regulatory maximum for medical expense shortfall cover increased from R150 000 to R160 000.
- Cancer lump sum increased from R25 000 to R30 000.
- Casualty benefit increased from R10 000 to R20 000. Casualty visit must be within 48 hours of the accident.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver maximum increased from R6 500 toR7 300.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver limited to accidental only, but the payment period increased from 3 to 12 months. This change was due to legal requirements.
- Accidental dentistry maximum increased from R15 750 to R19 250 and amount per tooth increased from R2 250 to R2 750.
- Non-Designated Service Provider co-payment increased from R8 600 to R9 300.
- Oncology co-payment maximum increased from 20% to 25%.
- Cover for robotic procedures up to R30 000.
- Cover for procedures in day clinics.
- New Oncology Benefit to cover 20% of treatment cost when oncology limit is exceeded.
- Varicose veins have been added as an out-of-hospital procedure that is covered.
Zestlife Universal gap cover premiums in 2021
ONLY Medical aid members can apply for one medical gap cover quote by completing and sending the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing