Stratum Gap Cover from Stratum Benefits™
July 26, 2018
If you’re looking for complete medical gap cover, what about Stratum gap cover? What if you end up in a hospital and your cheapest medical aid scheme doesn’t cover the entire stay or the professional’s fees? That is when you would really need Stratum gap cover.
Because who’s going to cover that gap of thousands of rand?
You are. That is unless you decide to get shortfall cover and look into Stratum gap cover.
Only medical aid members of a scheme such as Discovery Health or Momentum Health can apply for a medical gap cover quote by completing and sending the form on this page
There are a number of top-up cover options – So why choose Stratum gap cover?
For a start, Stratum is a medical insurance company, something like Santam. And Stratum gap cover can offer you the same or better than the others – just read on. Medical scheme gap cover will protect you from the shortfalls you could come across with medical expenses.
Your medical aid won’t pay the entire bill and you could yourself short of cash for the shortfall.
So Stratum gap cover is the perfect solution to medical aid shortfalls. If you have affordable medical aid from one of the following schemes you can apply for the Stratum benefits:
- Bonitas medical aid
- Discovery medical aid
- GEMS medical aid
- Genesis medical aid
- Hosmed medical aid scheme
- Medihelp medical aid
When any of these medical aid schemes pay 100%, it doesn’t mean that will pay all the costs.
Rather, 100% means that they will pay the claim up to their scheme rate. You could be left with massive bills to settle. Stratum gap cover will protect you from these unforeseen expenses.
Some of the Benefits of Stratum Gap Cover
- Gap cover benefits are unlimited
- You will be covered for specialist and GP shortfalls incurred during your hospital stay
- There is an added medical gap cover benefit of 500% above the medical aid rate of 100%.
What’s more, Stratum medical aid gap cover includes a co-payment cover which will cover in-hospital procedures related to co-payments, including:
- In-hospital pre-admission co-payments
- Out-patient CT and MRI scans
- Benefits are limited to a certain sum per year per policy
Stratum gap cover also includes cancer cover of 20% co-payments above medical aid’s sub-limit and benefits limited to a certainamount per year per policy.
Additional Cover from Stratum
- In-hospital consumables up to a certain amount
- Six months premium waiver benefit
- In-hospital X-rays and pathology up to a certain amount per year
- Accidental death cover for the main member and spouse limited to R5 000 per life
- In-hospital wisdom tooth extraction up to a certain amount per child dependent per year
Stratum Gap Cover Underwriting Criteria
- Maximum entry age of 70 years of age
- 12 months pre-existing conditions waiting period
- Three months general waiting period
- Complete exclusion for pre-diagnosed cancer
During your first 12 months of Stratum gap cover, the following will be excluded:
- Hernia operations
- Joint replacement
- Pregnancy and childbirth
Stratum gap cover is where medical aid schemes are today, as the cannot cover everything.
Medical aid members can apply for one medical gap cover quote
by completing and sending the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing