Admed Medical Shortfall Cover From Guardrisk
December 18, 2021
Admed Medical Shortfall Cover has been specially designed by Guardrisk to finance shortfalls – or Gaps – for stays in hospitals that involve medical treatment or surgeries.
It also covers specified procedures undertaken as an out-patient.
However, Admed Medical Shortfall Cover does not act as a replacement for medical aid cover or cover shortfalls between charges imposed by doctors and payment ceilings imposed by medical schemes.
Admed pays up to twice the amount allocated for medical schemes towards the shortfall, but not exceeding the amount of the Gap.
Admed offers two products – the Supreme Gap and the Primary Gap.
What Admed Medical Shortfall Cover includes
The Supreme Gap’s comprehensive benefits include cover for:
- Shortfalls in medical practitioner costs (including Prescribed Minimum Benefits)
- Co-payments or deductibles imposed by your medical schemes for certain procedures
- Co-payments levied by medical schemes for oncology treatments
- Ongoing oncology treatment costs once medical plan benefit limits have been reached
- Lump sum benefits for first-time cancer diagnosis
- Shortfalls for the cost of internal prosthesis
- Accidental death and permanent total disability benefits
- A lump sum payment for long-term hospital stays
- Fixed benefits for dental work resulting from accidental injury
- Also, the cost of casualty visits
Admed’s Primary Gap option is less expensive and offers:
- Cover for shortfalls in medical practitioner costs, but not for Prescribed Minimum Benefits
- Cover for co-payments and deductibles imposed by medical schemes for certain procedures, but not for Prescribed Minimum Benefits
Guardrisk is a company that prides itself on fair treatment and strives to exceed their customers’ expectations.
To get a FREE gap cover quote, complete the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing