Best way to get gap cover
Is there such a thing as best Gap Cover?
- There is no such thing as the best gap cover
- There is, however, the right gap cover
- Do not compare apples with pears
- The cost of gap cover isn’t always a good yardstick
Well, at best, anyone advertising the best Gap Cover available is stretching the truth.
On the other hand, there is the right Gap Cover – a policy designed to meet individual needs.
Do not compare apples with pears
The most important premise when purchasing Gap Cover is to compare what the market has to offer.
There is a good online website that illustrates five of the most comprehensive Gap Cover products available in South Africa.
These policies are available from:
Their Gap policies all offer:
- 500 percent cover on medical bill shortfalls
- Sub-Limit cover ranging from R20 000 to R50 000
- Oncology benefits
- Oncology co-payment benefits
- Casualty cover
- Premium Waiver Benefits
- Outpatient procedures
- Prices range from R310 to R369 a month
Price is not everything – Best Way To Get Gap Cover
All these companies offer Gap Cover of up to 500 percent to bridge the financial shortfall between medical scheme payment ceilings and final bills imposed by members of the medical profession.
It is a known fact that medical practitioners and private hospitals do not have to abide by medical scheme tariff rates and, more often than not, bill patients by 500 percent more than the prescribed rates.
That is why it is best to obtain the best possible Gap Cover available to protect against crippling hospital procedure costs.
What are the most important deciding factors? – Best Way To Get Gap Cover
When purchasing Gap Cover, investigate product offerings on these critical factors:
- Top-of-the-range products always offer better cover than cheaper policies.
- Selecting 500 percent Gap Cover is the best safeguard against crippling financial shortfalls.
- Seriously consider that Gap insurance offering 100 percent to 200 percent cover could be superfluous as medical practitioners very rarely charge only two to three times more than stipulated medical scheme tariff rates.
- Waiting periods are generally written into all Gap Cover policies to protect insurance companies from large claims. These are usually for pre-existing medical conditions, as well as pregnancies.
- Personal medical history should be taken into consideration when selecting Gap Cover.
- Depending on individual needs, cover for oncology and dentistry may prove essential.
Conclusion – Best Way To Get Gap Cover
As is true with most things in life, you get what you pay for and this too applies to Gap Cover Insurance.
If selecting a cheaper policy, make sure that it will cover shortfalls in medical bills for both personal and family needs.
Sometimes buying cheap is like throwing good money after bad, so carefully investigate what’s available on the market and make the best choice possible to suit both lifestyle and family needs.
Please complete the form on this page to get a FREE gap cover quote.