How Zestlife Gap Cover Works for Your Family
April 3, 2020
What is Zestlife gap cover?
- Zestlife gap policies offer many advantages
- Gap cover for both in-and-out-of-hospital procedures
Gap cover from Zestlife is affordable and this is how Zestlife gap cover works: it insures policyholders against unforeseen out-of-pocket expenses resulting from medical procedures.
So gap policies cover the difference between what medical schemes are prepared to pay and what members of the medical profession end up charging for their services.
Key benefits of how Zestlife gap cover works
Primarily, gap policies cover medical procedures undertaken in a hospital or at out-patient facilities.
Importantly, a Zestlife policy also protects families from financial worries in the event of:
- Accidental death
Zestlife gap policies offer benefits that include:
- Payments up to five times more than stipulated by the Medical Scheme Tariff (MST) for procedures while hospitalised
- It also covers outpatient treatments such as MRI, CT and PET scans, cataract removal, kidney dialysis, colonoscopy
- And Zestlife covers co-payments for inhospital admissions.
Top-of-the-range policies include cover for:
- Dental procedures after an accident
- Internal prosthesis
- Waivers on medical premiums
Universal Gap Cover and Essential Gap Policy Premiums 2020
Also, policyholders, at an additional cost, can opt for optional lump sum extras to cover:
- Extended lump sum cancer cover
- Also, extended dentistry cover
- Additionally, there is medical premium waiver cover for cover for 24 months or 60 months for
Prescribed Minimum Benefits (PMBs)
PMBs are clearly defined in every medical aid contract and include about 300 different procedures undertaken in a hospital.
In addition, medical schemes must, by law, cover PMBs.
Significantly, these include emergency procedures by network DSPs.
Please complete and submit the form on this page to get a personalised gap cover quote
All info was correct at time of publishing