Medical Aid Shortfall Insurance from Sanlam
Obtain Medical aid Shortfall Insurance from Sanlam from R166 a month.
The product is also known as medical gap cover.
Gap Cover pays the difference between stipulated medical scheme tariffs and rates charged by the medical profession.
Medical aid members often see bills of up to five times more than what their medical schemes will pay.
This can apply to in-hospital or outpatient treatments.
Sanlam’s Gap Cover ensures that policyholders have cover for these financially crippling additional medical costs.
Who Qualifies? – Medical Aid Shortfall Insurance from Sanlam
Existing members of registered medical aid schemes
Families with children up to the age of 27 years
So all family members must be registered with the same medical scheme
Entry level limits up to the age of 60 years
Sanlam also makes allowances for the inclusion of special dependants
- All benefits – three months
- Pre-existing conditions – 12 months
- Maternity benefits – 12 months
Obesity, including bariatric surgery (stomach stapling)
- Cosmetic surgery unless a result of trauma such as oncology treatment (breast reconstruction after a mastectomy)
- Co-payments that are not in rand amounts (i.e. when applied as a percentage)
- Also, penalties, co-payments or limits imposed by medical schemes for non-compliance with benefits rules or authorisation procedures. It also includes hospital procedures without prior approval by the medical aid or using a non-network hospital.
- Specialised dentistry is only paid in the event of trauma, cancers or tumours
How To Claim – Medical Aid Shortfall Insurance from Sanlam
- Claims transaction receipts from medical schemes
- Copies of accounts from medical practitioners
- Hospital accounts including the first four pages showing admission/discharge times and ICD codes
- Current medical scheme membership certificate (copies of membership cards are not accepted
Members will receive an e-mail and SMS when:
- The claim is in.
- Outstanding documentation is requested, such as authority forms
- The claim is authorised and ready for payout
Payments go directly into the principal member’s bank account.
The Sanlam Gap Cover Standard plan is available from R166 a month, while the Comprehensive Plan costs R198 a month.
Complete and submit the form on this page to get a FREE gap cover quote.