Liberty Medical Gap Cover Costs
April 11, 2020
Liberty is another insurance provider that offers Gap Cover to protect you from being held personally responsible for the payment of large medical bills not covered free by your medical aid scheme.
Medical aid schemes work to a specified tariff rate which almost invariably falls way short of what professional healthcare providers charge for their services. These shortfalls can reach a staggering 500%, exposing members without Gap Cover to financial ruin.
Increasingly, South Africans are accepting the cold hard facts about the cost of medical care in the country and are supplementing their medical aid benefit with the added protection of Gap Cover. This is a form of short-term insurance with very affordable monthly premiums.
Liberty Gap Cover offers:
- Up to 500% above what medical aid tariff rates
- Co-Payment benefits that cover any shortfalls for hospital treatments
- Oncology Co-Payments
- No limit to the number of dependents who can be added to the policy
- No age limits
Excluded from the Gap Cover benefits are:
- Pre-existing medical conditions that were diagnosed 12 months before the policy start date, or are diagnosed 12 months after the policy starts
- Injuries arising from acts of war or crime
- Dental procedures
- Hormone and fertility treatments
- Cosmetic surgery
- Oncology treatment outside South Africa
- There is a three-month waiting period
- No benefits for children or maternitycost claims for the first 10 months
Costs and benefits
Liberty Health offers Gap Cover ranging from roughly R400 to R700 monthly, depending on the level of benefits selected.
Another great benefit on offer is the Medical Premium Waiver Policy. This covers the dependants for a medical aid scheme’s monthly payments for two to five years dependants should the principal member die or become disabled.
Liberty Health offers healthcare solutions that cover a wide range of medical needs, whether they are risk-based or just simple medical products.
Liberty’s Gap Cover policies can be tailored to meet individual needs and monetary restraints with inventive solutions to all your healthcare requirements.
Liberty Health offers:
- Affordable, easy-to-understand medical cover
- Solutions to fit your personal circumstances
- Top quality healthcare providers
- Solutions to meet your needs
- Medical Gap Cover for Employees
- Special deals for group membership
If you are a member of a registered South African medical aid scheme then you qualify for a medical Gap Cover quote. Simply complete the form on this page.
All info was correct at time of publishing