Gap Cover in South Africa If You Belong to a Medical Scheme
November 26, 2018
Why is there gap cover in South Africa for medical aid members?
- Your medical aid might not cover all hospitalization expenses
- What doctors charge and what the medical aids pays can be very different
- Medical care here is expensive
- Your alternative is to go to a state hospital
- Gap cover is there when you need it the most
How many stories have you heard around the braai about medical expenses and when the medical aid refused to pay?
It’s a fact of life here – the medical aid rates that the medical schemes pay out according to, seldom cover your doctor’s charges.
Instead of having sleepless nights worrying about how you are going to pay thousands of Rand worth hospital bills or having to fork out for extras such as scans, you can protect yourself against this happening to you.
Gap cover in South Africa for medical aid members offers a solution. It will come into effect after your medical scheme has paid their portion and give you peace of mind.
In this article, we look at the South African companies that offer the best in gap cover.
Companies that Offer Good Gap Cover in South Africa for Medical Aid Members
The monthly premiums at Zestlife for 2019 are as follows:
The cover is for hospital procedures and:
- Fees for doctors not covered 100% by your medical scheme
- A cancer diagnosis lump sum payment
- A payout if you die in an accident
- Cancer and dentistry benefits can be added
Other gap cover companies:
Smaller Companies Worth Checking Out
Jenius offers gap cover that is straightforward and affordable.
Next step: Fill in the form on this page, then submit it to get a quick gap cover quote
All info was correct at time of publishing