Where can I Get a Stratum Quote?
July 13, 2017
- Easy online quotes available
- Fill your medical payment GAP
- Oncology benefits
- Optional extras
Stratum is a South African healthcare insurance company that prides itself on safeguarding clients from exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses for medical treatment.
So they strive to live up to their motto: “A burden halved is a burden shared”.
It is quick and easy to obtain a quote online for one of Stratum’s healthcare Gap products.
So simply visit their web page, complete the form and an advisor will contact you with a FREE quote.
Fill medical payment gaps – Get A Stratum Quote
A Stratum Gap policy bridges the shortfall between medical scheme tariff ceilings and charges imposed by the medical profession for hospital procedures.
It is a well-known fact that in South Africa today, the medical profession generally charges patients up to 500% more than what their medical schemes are prepared to pay for hospital procedures.
It gives policyholders the peace of mind to concentrate on their health issues, instead of fretting about paying out-of-pocket expenses for unexpected additional medical costs.
When does Gap Cover pay?
Gap Cover is for medical procedures undertaken in:
- Doctor’s rooms
- Registered medical premises
Gap Cover benefits
Apart from the assurance that Stratum will pay up to 500% gap cover for treatment shortfalls, policyholders enjoy unlimited claims annually for the following:
- Visits to doctors and specialists
- Basic X-Rays, excluding scans
- Disposables for hospital treatments (bandages, surgical gloves etc)
- Hospital treatment medication
Stratum’s oncology benefits cover members who exhaust their medical aid cancer allocation for the year.
So this benefit is limited to a maximum of R450 000 per person annually.
The benefit covers:
- Specialist consultations
- Fees payable to registered oncology facilities
Optional extras – Get A Stratum Quote
- Cancer Diagnosis Benefit offers a one-time payment of R30 000 upon diagnosis of cancer
- Casualty Benefit pays R10 000 annually, per policy
- Sub-Limit Benefits for various hospital procedures
- Trauma Counselling
- Premium Waiver Benefit covers cost of policy premium payments for one year after the death, permanent disability or forced retrenchment of the main policyholder
- Contribution Waiver Benefit covers the cost of medical scheme premium payments for six months in the event of death or permanent disability of the main policyholder (up to a maximum of R4 500 monthly)
- Also, accidental Death Benefit pays out R10 000 upon the accidental death of the principal policyholder or spouse. So in the event of the death of a dependant, a payment of R5 000 is made
Conclusion – Get A Stratum Quote
So remember, ONLY members of registered medical aid schemes qualify to apply for Gap Cover.
Although Gap Cover is also an additional expense, over-and-above monthly medical aid premiums, it has also become an absolute necessity because of the crippling costs imposed by the medical profession for healthcare needs.
To get a FREE gap cover quote, complete the form on this page.
All info was correct at time of publishing