Fast gap insurance in SA – Get it here and now
December 16, 2021
Do you need fast gap insurance and don’t know how to get it?
You have come to the right place.
Gap insurance here
By completing and submitting the form on this page you will be applying for a quote.
Please note that in order to qualify for this type of cover, you need to be a paid-up member of a registered medical scheme in South Africa. Go here for a list of the recognised and official medical aids.
Quick explanation of gap cover
- Rest assured that the cover kicks in immediately once you have signed up.
- The purpose of gap insurance is to prevent huge copayments on your hospital and specialist bills.
- Did you know that even if you medical aid says it covers 100% of your expenses, actually it does not. It pays out 100% of their listed price only.
- Medical aid is entirely separate from gap insurance. That is because medical aids are statutorily limited organisations under the watch of the Council of Medical Schemes.
- Gap insurance, on the other hand, is an insurance product and therefore falls under the regulations for Short-Term insurers.
- This type of insurance is extremely affordable. It amounts to about 5% to 10% of your monthly medical scheme premiums, making it super-affordable.
- Some of the major providers are Zestlife, Turnberry, Sanlam and Sirago.
How it works
You can get a quote online rapidly here. Then an agent will be in touch to find out which medical aid you are on and what particular plan.
For instance, you might be on a Discovery Network Plan or whatever.
But whichever medical scheme you are with – Genesis, GEMS, Bonitas, Discovery, Selfmed and so on.
Please note that you must be a member of a South African medical aid in order to qualify for gap cover. Use the online form on this page to request your quote now!
All info was correct at time of publishing