Stratum G Force Medical Gap Cover
December 12, 2021
This Gap Cover has been specially designed for government employees. Gap Cover takes care of unforeseen expenses relating to the tariffs charged by health care professionals. These are usually 300% more than what your medical scheme will pay, causing you to receive bills for the shortfall. That can cause a financial crisis if you are unable to pay these usually exorbitant amounts. Stratum G Force is, therefore, the way to go.
They provide up to 500% above your medical scheme rates. Also, any individual no matter of age can apply. You and your spouse may be insured on the same policy even though you may belong to different medical aids. Also for account shortfalls, there is no limit to the number of times you may submit claims.
Stratum G Force Medical Gap Cover provides additional cover for these tariff shortfalls
- Doctors and specialists
- Black and white x-rays
- Pathology (blood tests)
- Disposables such as surgical gloves, dressings and swabs, etc
- Medication used, but not including take-home medicine
- Premium is R240 per month
- Co-Payments (limited to R5 000 per policy per annum)
- You must use a designated service provider.
- All co-payments that your medical aid will generally pay from your medical savings account.
- Hospital pre-admission co-payments.
- In or out of hospital procedures, MRI and CT scans.
- Oncology (limited to R100 000 per person per annum)
- R5 000 paid out at first diagnosis.
- Biological drugs according to the Stratum formulary for various cancers.
- Limited to R60 000 per person per annum
- When you reach the sub-limits on your medical scheme, this cover kicks in.
- Two MRI or CT scans, up to R2 500 per scan per policy per annum.
- Limited to R7 000 per policy per annum
- Basic black and white x-rays
- Disposables, medication, and co-payments
- Must be treated in casualty due to an accident where you have received bodily injury by external physical means.
Gap Policy Premium Waiver
- Covers your premiums for 12 months if the person who pays the premiums dies, or is permanently disabled, or suffers forced retrenchment.
- A medical aid premium waiver is also applied where your monthly subscription is covered up to R4 500.
- Covers the life of the principal insured and the spouse up to R10 000 each.
- R5 000 for the death of a dependent.
- This benefit also covers the consultation fees up to R7 000 per policy per annum.
- If you have been a witness to a traumatic event or accident, and you will also require counselling.
- If you have been negatively affected by an event or accident where you have been personally involved, and need counselling.
- The cover will also apply if your medical aid takes these costs from your medical aid savings account.
- Six months for certain operations, such as hysterectomy, tonsillectomy, joint replacements, hernia repair.
- There is also a 10 months waiting period for pregnancy and childbirth.
- 10 months for any pre-existing condition.
If you are a Government employee, to ensure yourself as well as your family with stratum g force cover. You will have peace of mind, knowing that you can have the best possible private healthcare available, without worrying about the cost.
Remember to fill in and submit the form on this page to get your one free medical gap cover quote
All info was correct at time of publishing