Top 10 Benefits of Gap Cover for Medical Aid
February 28, 2022
In fact there are only benefits to gap cover for medical schemes and that’s why this type of short-term insurance is so popular.
Remember: only if you are a current member of a registered medical scheme in South Africa (check here to see a list of registered schemes) can you sign up for gap cover.
Major Benefits are just around the corner
Here is how you benefit:
- Absolutely anyone in South Africa who belongs to a registered medical scheme can get gap cover. You can have comprehensive cover with medical aids like Discovery, GEMS, Bonitas, Selfmed and so on – qualifty.
- The monthly premiums are really low. These vary from about 5% of the total cost of your monthly medical aid premiums to about 10%, depending on which plan you are on at your medical aid and whether you want extra gap cover for cancer, etc.
- A particularly good thing about medical gap cover is that no matter if the medical aid members covered are young or old, the premiums are much the same.
- Another positive is that everyone on your medical aid gets covered by a single gap cover policy and the premium does not increase radically even if there are many beneficiaries on your medical aid.
- It is easy to get gap cover. Just complete and submit the form on this page and we will get back to you with a personalised quote.
- Gap cover insurance has nothing to do with your medical scheme. The former is a statutory body, while gap cover is a short-term insurance product.
- There are many gap cover companies in South Africa such as Zestlife, Sirago and Sanlam. These compete with one another on price so you can get gap cover at competitive rates. Start your search for gap cover at the best rates by requesting a quote. Use the form on this page.
- Compared to signing up for medical aid, getting gap cover is a walk in the park. As long as they know you are with a legitimate medical aid, the gap insurance firms sell you a policy easily.
- Gap cover takes effect immediately. A major benefit is that you don’t have to wait for months for it to kick in. With limited restrictions, your gap cover appies right away.
- Best of all is that by signing up for gap insurance (also called shortfall cover or top-up cover) it means to get more medical aid cover without actually applying for a more expensive medical scheme option.
Get your gap cover quote now. Complete and submit the form on this page now. You must sign up to get the benefits
All info was correct at time of publishing